A couple years ago, with a newly formed leadership team, Allyis’ CEO Richard Law, our President Ethan Yarbrough and I created a set of core company commitments to guide Allyis. In developing these commitments, is was very important to us that they build upon and support the culture, environment and working relationships we value so highly as a leadership team and company. We use these same commitments today and refer to them regularly when developing business strategies or defining operational objectives for the organization to ensure we stay true to them:
- Performance: We will consistently improve the financial condition of the company to sustain growth and maintain excellent benefits.
- People: We will foster a supportive culture that maintains our status as a Best Place to Work.
- Perception: We will effectively translate our knowledge and experience into an accurate and inspiring internal and external message.
- Community: We will actively participate in improving our community and environment.
- Client: We will consistently demonstrate that we are our clients’ trusted partner, advisor and ally.
- Capability: We will continually develop and demonstrate our knowledge, skills and expertise to anticipate the emerging needs of our company and our clients.
With these commitments at the center of our business strategy and planning, we’re intentional about everything we do, especially when it comes to maintaining our status as a best place to work. As a leadership team, we make daily decisions and trade-offs to protect the best interest of our employees, and the culture and environment we’ve grown to love. In a competitive job market, people choose where they want to work and we want Allyis to remain their first choice.